Materials Science Intern
Brooks is a growing, fast-paced technology leader of automation solutions which support the dynamic and expanding semiconductor and life sciences lab markets. At Brooks, new ideas, technologies and ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and collaborate with one another to achieve new heights. We are have a Summer Internship opportunity in our Materials Science department.
What You'll Do:
A materials science intern will work closely with a team of materials scientists and mechanical engineers in the Technology Development team at Brooks. The intern will work on critical materials that are used in semiconductor equipment such as wafer-handling robots as well as 3D printed metals. Typical responsibilities include performing materials imaging and characterization using advanced microscopic analysis, mass spectrometry analysis, gaining understanding on materials processing-properties relationships, as well as performing failure analysis.
What You'll Bring:
- Current students at an accredited university pursuing an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree in Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgy.
- Have had coursework or research experience in structure of materials and properties of materials. Knowledge of metallic materials is desirable.
- Have had lab experience and have interest in performing experiments using analytical instruments.
Intern Key Deliverables:
In which areas of your business would they have an opportunity to improve current or develop new processes?
- Materials development and processing optimization
What Corporate/Team objectives would these projects support?
- Out Pace the Industry in Growth and Valued Share Gains
How will we measure project performance/impact?
- Viable recommendations for materials and processing optimization based on experimental findings