Director Global Facilities
Brooks is a unique automation company serving the semiconductor, life sciences lab automation, and adjacent markets. We are looking for our next Facilities leader as we accelerate our growth journey. The Director of Global Facilities will provide strategic facilities & real estate management to support the Company’s growth strategy, compliance with local, state, and governmental regulatory obligations, and commitment to customer and employee satisfaction.
Provide leadership for facilities investments and the Company’s real estate portfolio, and provide on-site direction of the company’s Chelmsford campus, which includes Home Office functions, manufacturing and service operations, and engineering laboratories.
Provide direct leadership to the Home Office Facilities team comprised of EHS & Security, Facilities Planning, Reception/Office Support, and Facilities Operations Management; and provide partnership to our Global locations. This position will regularly interact with executives and other functional leads, and direct the work of others on behalf of Brooks (i.e. service providers, contractors). Some travel as necessary.
- Execution of Global footprint strategy and workspace strategy
- Central point of oversight for global facilities investments, fit-up and closures
- Oversees global facilities lease planning and management
- Accountable for Global Facilities spend, including review of capital requests involving facilities related work (i.e. construction, CAD drawings, Statement of Work documentation)
- Drives consistency of information for reporting across global organization
- Oversees process for site-specific maintenance of insurance certificates for facilities vendors
- Participant in Safety Committee, Compliance Committee, Business Continuity initiatives, and Emergency Weather Planning initiatives
- Maintains Company Facilities Policies and Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and other Facilities Documents, ensuring compliance with local legislation and ISO
- Oversees compliance with local, state, and governmental regulatory obligations
- Provides leadership and development of direct team in support of Chelmsford/Home Site Operations, which includes: Oversight of Facilities function to include all capital requests involving facilities related work (i.e. construction & maintenance plans, CAD drawings, scope of work documentation); Responsible for all facilities related spending and contract procurement for services such as electricity & natural gas supply, janitorial, landscaping, snow plowing, cafeteria. Oversees EHS and Security functions, to include operations support, regulatory compliance, Company policy and metrics.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree or equivalent experience; with a minimum of 5+ years' Managerial experience in roles to include multi-site Facilities Operations, Real Estate, & Construction, Lease negotiation
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical & plumbing (MEP) services. Familiarity with AutoCAD a plus
- ·Experience with Excel and other reporting and collaboration tools
- International experience is preferred, but not required
Qualified candidates will also demonstrate:
- Credibility and integrity
- Ability to partner and communication across-functions and within a matrix work structure
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work product
- Accountability for individual and team performance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same