Manufacturing Test Technician - 3rd shift
Brooks Automation was recently named 1 of the fastest growing companies of 2021 by Fortune Magazine, and we'd love for you to be part of that growth!
Brooks Automation is seeking a qualified Manufacturing Test Technician to join the Brooks Automation Operations team. The primary focus of this role will be testing end of line products to meet our customer and quality expectations.
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing work, rework and testing and troubleshooting related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final system assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
- Determines or may assist in developing methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and/or diagrams to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments. May prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- Higher levels may provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel and may lead or supervise activities within a team lead function.
- Under limited supervision, is responsible for complex assignments which require a broad understanding of the discipline or function and all related areas.
- Exercises latitude in determining approach to work and/or use of procedures, policies, or processes. Work is typically only evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- May act as a lead and/or project leader. May provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel.
- Requires broad knowledge and skills in the discipline and related fields, in completing assignments in a creative and effective manner.
- Expected to mentor and transfer knowledge to more junior staff members.
- Provides solutions in resolving complex problems that may impact established policies and procedures.
- Frequently exercises judgment in interpreting procedures and practices and in recommending changes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience testing in a comparable field.
- Oracle background preferred.
- Experience with 5S, or other Lean tools desired.