Senior Mechanical Engineer
Technology Development team at Brooks Automation, based in Austin, TX, is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with creativity, technical expertise, and vision to join our fast paced, dynamic and exciting environment.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and introduction of cutting-edge automation equipment used for material handling in Semiconductor and adjacent industries, as well as technical leadership of automation programs from concept through production.
- New Technology exploration and feasibility
- New Product and Technology Development
- Technical Leadership of engineering programs
- Work with marketing, sales and customers on new automation opportunities
- Meet with customers on opportunities or issue resolution
- Determine best products to work within customer requirements
- Work with product management to define product requirements and engineering design specifications
- Design of Product Extensions
- Continuous Improvement and Cost Reduction Programs
- Experience with designing multi-axis electro-mechanical precision automation with embedded software and controls
- Experience with selecting and integration of bearings, motors, sensors and other electro-mechanical motion components used in robotics and automated machinery
- Knowledge of vacuum system design for semiconductor applications
- Experience with Solid Modeling (Creo/ProE is preferred) and Finite Element Analysis including static, dynamic, vibration, structural and thermal. (ANSYS is preferred). CFD skills a plus.
- Experience with prototyping and DVT testing in a lab environment. LabView, Matlab or Python skills a plus.
- BSME (MSME preferred)
- Experience in semiconductor capital equipment or adjacent markets is a plus
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish aggressive goals
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to develop new products from concept through production using a phase gate development process and product lifecycle management systems.