Director Purchasing Manager – Chelmsford Operations
Senior Purchasing Manager – Chelmsford Operations
Direct oversight of procurement personnel in support of Chelmsford manufacturing operations.
- Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, and related planning of all required production materials.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions on supply issues.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Responsible for the supply of production raw materials, utilities, and outside services in support of ongoing operations.
- Support supplier managed inventory programs with the timely release of related blanket and supply release orders.
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs. Lead mitigation of any supplier payable issues
- May assist with the establishment and maintenance of the production control system.
- Assist in auditing customer inventory levels along with internal and external suppliers to comply with inventory policies and procedures.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the procurement function.
- Maintains weekly buyer execution and performance metrics and addresses any execution deficiencies with buying personnel
- Responsible for the establishment of measurable functional and strategic goals or priorities for the fiscal year. Ensures that structures, processes, and systems are aligned to support strategic objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks or projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with international procurement and logistics
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints desirable
- Exhibited proficiency in most all Microsoft office applications.
- Working knowledge of ISO elements and audit requirements as related to the procurement function
- Strong negotiation skills
- BA/BS or advanced degree required in supply chain or related technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in direct management of procurement operations, supply chain, and/or commodity management
- Industry certifications (APICS, CPM, etc.) desirable