Brooks Automation is seeking a Technical Writer to produce high quality customer-facing documentation. The candidate will follow our internal quality management process for reviews, revisions, and publication. As part of a larger technical communications group, you will use single-sourcing methodologies to create digital, interactive, and print documentation.
- Create user, software, installation, service, and API documentation as a contributor within a larger team.
- Write Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) and upgrade procedures, which detail the removal and replacement of parts.
- Consult with subject matter experts to establish the technical content needed to create documentation.
- Maintain company documentation standards and writing to the company style guide.
- Work collaboratively with a team of writers using MadCap Flare and the department revision control system to author topic-based documentation.
- Publish documentation using the company product lifecycle management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field plus a certificate or program completion in Technical Writing / Communication.
- 0-2 years of Technical Writing experience.
- Experience with MadCap Flare and understanding of structured XML.
- Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Familiarity with API and API documentation.
- Ability to understand target audiences with the ability to create and develop content in effective ways.
- Willingness to pivot between multiple projects with effective project management skills.
- Team-oriented and a great collaborator within a medium sized writing group.
- Strengths in problem-solving and decision-making.