Sample Sourcing Manager
Join our team and experience the opportunity to collaborate with worldwide scientific leaders and healthcare innovators in fields such as oncology, infectious diseases, or CNS as well as exciting exposure to the Rx and Dx R&D community. Our Sample Sourcing Managers are responsible for executing biospecimen requests received by the company’s clients (Pharma, Biotech, IVD and CRO), managing biospecimen orders, monitoring and completing the acquisition process. This role is a great fit for those who enjoy working in a fast-paced learning environment and offers diverse professional growth opportunities.
What You’ll Do…
Focus Area: Corporate responsibilities
- Execute Biospecimen Requests and Orders; independently manage projects for the supply of biological samples in all its logistical, regulatory, scientific, and financial aspects
- Adopt the Study Management Process at Azenta and the company's CRM system, including all associated corporate software tools for internal communication
- Undertake appropriate activities to ensure Client satisfaction on Biospecimen Requests and Orders and obtain recurrent business from them
- Demonstrate excellent trouble-shooting skills in the management of Biospecimen Requests and Orders
- Undertake additional responsibilities and projects as requested by the Sample Sourcing Team Leader. These projects may also be requested by the Senior Manager Sample Sourcing Clients Services
- Comply with corporate QMS policies and procedures including all SOPs, Work Instructions and Templates. Participate in annual review process.
Focus Area: Study Management responsibilities
- Determine objectives, strategy, scope and schedule for each Biospecimen Request and Order assigned. Manage needs and expectations of the client and other internal and external study stakeholders.
- Plan the activities and resources (e.g., site qualification, budgeting, training, study supplies, etc.) required for the study.
- Coordinate tasks and deadlines between the different stakeholders (End Users, Biospecimen Providers, and internal team members) involved in the study. Track and manage established plans to ensure all deliverables and milestones are met.
- Implement change initiatives as requested by the client and ensure smooth transition.
- Identify and analyze discrepancies between planned and actual outcomes and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to request stakeholders on various request related and biospecimen related topics
Focus Area: Leadership (informal)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of and commitment to our company’s strategic goals
- Capable of communicating the company’s working model in teleconference calls and in trainings
- Enthusiastic when facing new challenges; is highly solutions-oriented
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency towards achieving results
- Positive role model for team members
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
What You Bring…
Scientific Background and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree in Biomedical Sciences (minimum M.Sc.)
- Experience within a R&D department (biopharmaceutical industry, or IVD industry preferred)
- Strong theoretical expertise in Oncology research
- Knowledge of assay development & validation (NGS sequencing preferred) for molecular diagnostic/ IVD tests
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines related to Human Biospecimen collection and transfer
- Therapeutic area experience: Immuno-Oncology, Immunology and Inflammation, Cell Therapy or Rare Diseases preferred
- Sales or consulting experience not limited to life science or diagnostics industry is an asset
- Demonstrate critical scientific judgement
- Biobanking experience (desirable)
- Critical thinking
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues which may arise
- Exceptional sense of urgency towards achieving results
- Ability to focus and manage multiple studies, and deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and establish good relationships with sponsors and other stakeholders. Ability to interact with scientists and clinical site staff.
- Capacity to work in total autonomy
- Execute Sample Sourcing with the highest level of professionalism with the aim of exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Maintain excellent relationships with prospects, clients, and academic partners
- Embody and promote Brooks’ brand and reputation
- Flexible with work hours to cater to clients in different time zones other that Eastern Standard Time
- Additional language skills an asset
- Valid work permit for Canada is required
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- Office based position (Laval facility) with flexibility to telecommute periodically
- Vaccinated or those willing to be vaccinated, strongly preferred