Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
We are seeking a Senior BI/Analytics Engineer to join the BI & Analytics team. The Business Intelligence function under Information Technology team is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, analytics, data modeling, data quality that enable day-to-day and strategic decisions. The ideal candidate should be a logical thinker who excels at complex problem-solving and is able to synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into data, modeling & executing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations, and process improvement with a focus on data analytics. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, and the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical, and motivating actions.
Key focus areas:
- Work in cross-functional teams to implement business and technical definitions of company-wide metrics
- Work closely with management team to contribute applications architecture and strategy.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize information from a variety of large and/or complex data sets to understand behaviors and business drivers using descriptive and predictive analytics
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the business and technical processes, data definitions, data rules, and data policies that create, govern, and inform the data
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational and analytical reporting for Finance, Sales, Marketing, Quality teams
- Identify and analyze data trends to highlight problems to address or opportunities to pursue
- Collaborate with engineering and IT operations teams on data integrity and process improvements
- Collaborate with Analytics team to data architect for logical and physical modeling of the multiple cross team data initiatives. Develop ETL design and development effort from sourcing data till dimensional modelling.
- Assist in implementation and execution of the data quality program to ensure data quality standards are being met. Adheres to the structure, best practices, storage needs of the data lineage.
- Asses current procedures, practices and technologies and suggest/lead in making changes/upgrades/enhancements to the environment & supports closing any IT-Analytics related tickets.
- Support in scoping, planning, and execution of a portfolio of BI & Data Warehouse projects.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- 5+ years of experience in DW, Business Intelligence & Analytics
- 5+ years of experience in working with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Databricks etc.,
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, PL/SQL or SQL based applications and ETL & Data modeling tools Matillion, Informatica, Alteryx etc.
- 5+ years of experience working with data sets, data transformation, building reports, dashboards, scorecards within Business Intelligence platforms like Tableau, Power BI
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Data Science/Business or Data Analytics or equivalent combination of education
Relevant additional requirements:
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to data model, collect, organize, and analyze data; summarize findings and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Comfortable presenting data visually that is informative, insightful, and easy to understand
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, from end-users to Management
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive and able to prioritize multiple projects involving various end-users by meeting deadlines and proactively communicating status updates.
- Experience with advanced analytical tools like Alteryx, Data Robot etc.
- Experience analyzing ERP/CRM data
- Experience with modern cutting-edge cloud DW technologies like Snowflake, Fivetran, Matillion etc.
- Experience with statistical programming languages likes R, Python
- Tableau and Alteryx certified
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.