Executive Assistant to the CCO
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity.
Ready to be part of a company focused on making a difference? Join us in enabling impactful breakthroughs and therapies!
Azenta Life Sciences is looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Senior Vice President and CCO, and other select members of the leadership team. The ideal candidate will be a polished self-starter with acute communication skills; having the ability to multi-task; being resourceful and organized; and can solve problems while working independently. Handling matters with strict confidentiality and meeting critical deadlines is key to the success of this position. The role reports directly to the CCO, as a member of the global commercial operations team.
What Will You Do?
- Proactively manage calendars for the CCO. Coordinate manager’s time with requests and responses internally and externally; acts as a liaison between the manager and other leaders, employees, external clients, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Manage expectations and deliverables with teams (e.g., due dates, prep meetings, information needed, etc.), and understand business priorities and challenges
- Coordinate extensive internal/external meetings with efficiency and detail; communicating clearly to explain conflicts and need to re-prioritize
- Manage extensive standing meetings with teams and executives throughout organization
- Leverage collaboration technology for meeting arrangements and be able to quickly troubleshoot common technical challenges independently
- Proactively support and coordinate site visits, travel, internal prep meetings, on-site logistics
- Analyze needs and problems, and determine approach and priority in collaboration with executives, their teams, and administrative colleagues across functions
- Support all communication initiatives with external vendors, customers, company leaders, and internal teams, etc.
- Schedule all team meetings and offsites
- Prepare expense reports for executives and approve online expense and time off submittals of team
- Prepares documents, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, presentations, and spreadsheets for approval. Take thorough notes on all meetings and calls to be promptly organized/processed in project management software
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for travel within the U.S. and internationally; change travel schedules, flights, hotels, and rental cars during normal business hours and off-hours as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Travel to support BU leadership team may be required from time to time for key events, meetings, or customer engagements.
How Will You Get Here?
- Associates degree, required; Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- 5-7 years of experience of corporate executive assistant experience in a high growth, fast paced corporate environment (global travel experience preferred)
- Proven ability to take initiative, determine priorities and exercise good judgment
- Confidence with significant calendar management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities/gaps/obstacles, apply analytical and creative thinking to address issues or find innovative solutions and see it through to completion by taking ownership and accountability
- Flexibility and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Professional confidence in own ability and demonstrated intuition because of experience working through complex situations/issues
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously leveraging strong organizational skills and flawless attention to detail, recognizing value and impact of the results
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams, as well as WebEx or other video conferencing tools
- US based home office or onsite based position
- Works as part of broader Administrative Assistant team
- May occasionally be required to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate various global time zones