Identity and Access Engineer
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
As an Identity & Access Engineer, you will play a key role in developing and improving the identity lifecycle of Brooks employees and contractors. You will help identify and deploy technology platforms to automate key access processes and ensure a consistent and auditable approach to user access.
Key focus areas:
- Contribute to shaping the overall IAM strategy, policies, and procedures
- Manage the identity lifecycle for employees and contractors, including provisioning, approval routing, periodic reviews, and deprovisioning
- Review, improve, and optimize current identity governance processes
- Implement specialized tooling to automate access requests and reviews
- Develop identity self-service capabilities such as password and credential management
- Explore and implement next-gen authentication, such as passwordless paradigms
- Support internal and external audits to ensure strong operational control over regulated identity management processes
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- BS Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field.
- 2+ years related experience
Relevant additional requirements:
- Technically oriented, with hands-on experience implementing IT tools, preferably identity lifecycle management solutions
- Experience with identity technology platforms (such as Active Directory, Okta, or similar)
- Understanding of identity federation protocols (SAML, OIDC, OAuth) is a plus
- A keen eye for process automation and process improvement
- Knowledge of scripting or data manipulation languages (PowerShell, Python, or similar)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.