Project Design Electrical Engineer
Support industry-leading robotic atmospheric and vacuum system platforms by coordinating with teams of electrical engineers locally and globally, and cross functionally with mechanical, software and embedded controls engineers. Coordinate all electrical design/drafting functions of the Electrical Design Services team. Create board designs using the IPC standard Library, Schematic and PCB layout for major new development projects, such as Marathon LEAP VX Controls systems, Vacuum Aligner, Vacuum Cassette Elevator, High Capacity LEAP Vacuum robots, and the Zaris Reticle Inspection tool control system. Select electronic components as per TUV and IEC Safety and product compliance recommendations along with End of Life (EOL) and REACH/RoHS analysis. Conduct system-level de-rating and FMEA analysis to meet TUV safety and product compliance standards. Design and develop changes to advanced robot electronics interfaces and create Design Verification Test (DVT) plans. Lead design reviews of complex Printed Circuit Board designs. Coordinate prototype development of all Printed Circuit Boards by releasing all drawings and deliverables in Agile and conducting vendor coordination for issue resolution of fabrications and assembly. Conduct Boards de-bugging and testing as per DVT Plan and manage results. Develop and implement design improvements and release them to production cycles as per test results. Provide support to production for queries and preparation of procedure documents.
Requirements: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related field, and three years experience performing embedded hardware design engineering; or, in the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related field, and five years experience performing embedded hardware design engineering.
Experience, which can be gained concurrently, must include:
- 3 years experience performing High Speed Board Design using SPI, I2C, EtherCAT, and USB Interfaces;
- 3 years experience utilizing impedance controlled multilayer boards up to 10 Layers;
- 3 years experience designing for Analog, Digital and Mixed signal;
- 3 years experience applying Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and EMI/EMC Guidelines and Design Techniques;
- 3 years experience applying Functional safety IEC61508 to end products (Various Robots) so that products are compliant with universal standards and can be sold all over the world;
- 3 years experience creating high current board designs compliant with IEC61010-1;
- 3 years experience performing library management in compliance with IPC standards (IPC7351 and IPC2221);
- 3 years experience utilizing RS232, SPI, I2C, Devicenet, Ethernet, EtherCAT and CAN Bus communication interfaces to main controllers and processors used on the system (STM, ARM XLINX) so that critical signals/messages about Robot movements are captured.
Job Site: 15 Elizabeth Drive, Chelmsford, MA 01824