Information Technology Administrator
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
This position will provide IT desktop support to internal customers. As part of the Corporate IT team, responsible for handling support of on-site needs, and may handle remote support and projects as requested. Provides a high level of responsive and quality support for internal user community, while adhering to corporate processes & procedures. Handles moderate to complex assignments and participates on team projects as needed.
Key focus areas:
- Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop, or network services and equipment from local personnel or from employees using network remote access.
- Coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots using IT ticketing system
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel; provides case status updates.
- Documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to support.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- BS Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field.
- 2+ Years IT End User Support / Helpdesk experience
Relevant additional requirements:
- Active Directory computers / user management / GPO experience
- Windows OS/Office 365 experience and troubleshooting
- Good analytical troubleshooting skills to isolate and resolve problems.
- A good team player with the ability to coordinate with other departments to see complete solutions delivered
- Strong communication skills with a heavily customer focused thought process.
- Experience working from a help desk management system
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.