Brooks Semiconductor Robotics business is seeking a Robotics Line - Product / Project Manager to be responsible for leading and driving the overall product strategy and ensuring continued growth (1 year out and beyond), as well as the Multi-Year Product Plan, pro-forma P&L, developing and executing the product roadmap and determining engineering priorities
* Responsible for managing the P&L, leading the overall product strategy, developing and executing the product roadmap and achieving all related business goals (product line growth, ROI), for a designated product or group of products.
* Acts as the “Voice of the Customer” internally, articulating and prioritizing customer needs and defining the value proposition, establishing standard features versus options and CUSP’s. The Product Manager is the “Go To” person for customer/sales and internal technical groups. The Product Manger iterates the problem-solution definition cycles to create and launch new products.
* Leads the development of the multi-year strategic plan, which includes the growth strategy and pro-forma P&L, including financial models. The Product Strategy includes: alignment with Brooks strategy, total and addressable market sizing, customer segmentation and prioritization, customer needs analysis, capabilities assessment and current positioning, and product roadmaps and plans including the life cycle from product introduction through service, repair and upgrades.
* Leads the product lifecycle management process which includes: actively managing product lifecycle/ EOL, setting the services offering strategy, and managing the comprehensive lifecycle management minimizing component EOL issues and maximizing cost savings; setting pricing and contracting to reflect lifecycle, E&O and lot size costs; and driving acquisition of profitable customers with sales.
* Drives recommendations and investment for product changes to enhance or maintain competitiveness and sets product requirements and funds development and lifecycle efforts including value engineering and operational cost reduction activities.
* Possesses a strong understanding of internal technology, the overall development effort and processes, total product life cycle and portfolio management. The Product Manager will effectively collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, operations, service and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities with product line objectives.
* “Owns” the revenue forecast for the product line. Constant awareness of current status and anything that could affect the forecast is essential. Interface with finance, sales, business unit management and operations to ensure forecast consistency.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or a related technology field.
* Minimum of 5 years of cross functional team management experience as either a Product or Project Manager.
* Experience marketing capital equipment or other hardware products to businesses, ideally in the semiconductor or other technology industry.
* Experience developing product requirements, product value proposition, cost targets, pricing proposals and technology plans.
* Experience working with engineering and customer account teams to plan and achieve annual objectives.
* Demonstrates ability to communicate at all levels of the organization from execution details to high level summaries.
Back to results