Senior Business Systems Analyst
Azenta Life Sciences (formerly Brooks Life Sciences ) is a dynamic, fast paced, and growing leader in the life sciences industry. We are proud to support the search for new medical cures by delivering the industry’s most innovative portfolio of sample management solutions.
We are seeking an energetic Business Systems Analyst that will join a team of analysts to support and enhance the global business application footprint. In this position you will operate under the direction of an IS/IT Manager to analyze, design, develop, configure and maintain business information systems and associated procedures. In this position you will apply your superior project management, communications, collaboration, and problem-solving skills to achieve results on various projects.
- Gather and document detailed information from external and internal users regarding business requirements and translate user needs into specific system requirements (functional specs).
- Communicate project status, issues/concerns to the team and management.
- Develop and execute test cases in support of designed solution (based on business requirements) report testing results and defects, guide users in testing.
- Primary point of contact for the extended IS/IT team and business users across our global organization.
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and make recommendations based on best practices.
- Research, design, configure, test, document and manage implementation of system changes. Manage the impact of these changes and their effects across all business segments and locations.
- Provide analysis, troubleshooting, and recommendations for solutions for application production issues and enhancement projects.
- System implementations and acquisition integrations will include site preparation and planning, testing, and support. May be assigned to small projects or to phases/portions of larger projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst role.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with a Tier 1 ERP (Oracle Cloud, Oracle EBS, SAP, JDE, NetSuite). This includes functional use of the application, familiarity with roles and responsibilities, and experience with query tools.
- Experience using and supporting cloud (SaaS) applications such as Salesforce, Workday, Tableau or Vertex.
- Experience supporting a global organization.
- Experience with Process Improvement and/or problem-solving methodologies (Six Sigma, 8D, etc.).
- Demonstrated planning, analysis, and problem-solving skills, as well as superior communication skills.
- Experience leading and/or participating in a broad range of multiple, simultaneous business initiatives.