Senior Internal Auditor
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
As part of our Corporate Internal Audit team, this role will lead Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) audits and collaborate with functional leaders to help define and strengthen controls across our dynamic and growing businesses. The role will consist of conducting walkthroughs of IT and financial business processes, auditing financial key controls, preparing corresponding audit reports with process improvement recommendations, and communicating process efficiencies, internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
- Plan and perform financial SOX audits in accordance with the annual Internal Audit Plan
- Provide control guidance during the design and implementation of internal controls for acquired companies, significant transactions, adoption of new accounting guidance, or significant business process changes (i.e., Oracle Cloud implementation)
- Perform checks and verifications of audit process and activities in line with audit programs, while providing organized and clear, concise documented workpapers
- Direct tasks, monitor work progress, and provide guidance to assigned auditors
- Identify and effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) the strengths and weaknesses of internal controls, risk and opportunities, and the department vision
- Consult with the Audit Manager on areas of improvement and recommend appropriate actions.
- Establish strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Perform risk-based audits and other duties and projects as assigned
- 4+ years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Auditing experience at a public accounting firm is a plus.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Internal Audit or Accounting certification is a plus (CIA, CPA, CISA, etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- AuditBoard proficiency is a plus
- Occasional Travel Required (including some international)