Refrigeration Field Service Engineer
Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, is a global leader in the life sciences space. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
We are looking for a commercial Refrigeration Field Service Engineer to provide on-site and remote service support. A good working knowledge of commercial / industrial refrigeration systems is essential. You would be working on ultra-low temperature refrigeration systems and as well as more conventional -20˚c stores. Experience of these ultra-low temperature systems is not essential- WE WILL TRAIN YOU!!
What you will do
Perform basic/routine customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of equipment and systems at our Indianapolis site to ensure proper working order.
Key focus areas:
- Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis, and perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment and systems
- Identify parts, part numbers and order using our ERP system
- Provide first stage refrigeration remote support to our helpdesk and customers
- Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels.
- Instruct and train customers on proper system usage Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined. Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and required. Complete service reports, record work completed in ERP system and communicate results to our customers.
- Communicate service and customer issues back to Service Coordinators
- Follow up on all open issues as directed and work to provide solutions to the customers
- Communicate to the Engineering department improvements in quality, easy of service and efficiency
- Evaluate the performance of refrigeration systems. Gather data that may be used by refrigeration engineers for cooling repairs and share with the team
- Travel to customer sites throughout the US and internationally on rare occasion.
- Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line down and escalations and support organizational and administrative duties.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- High school degree is required. AS degree, technical certificate or equivalent is desired. A minimum of 5 years related “hands-on” work experience or military technical training is required of commercial/industrial refrigeration systems.
- Refrigerant handling qualification (EPA) required
Relevant additional requirements:
- Must be able to read and quickly understand wiring schematics
- Systematic troubleshooting skills to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Displays commitment to resolve problems and make independent decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Self-motivated and able to productive working independently
- Able to communicate complex problems efficiently
- Must be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed, and be available for specific emergency on-call work.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
- Must be proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based Operating Systems. Oracle experience highly beneficial but not required.
- Excellent refrigeration controls knowledge, including PLC’s; working knowledge of Saia PLC control systems desirable but not required.
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our field service team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a remote opening working in Indianapolis, Indiana area.