Accounting Manager, Life Science Products
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
This position will report to the Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer with a dotted line to the Senior Director and Division CFO for Brooks Life Science Products Division. This role is responsible for both statutory reporting and management as well as supporting the GAAP close. Partner with functional and product line leadership to support the growth of the Life Science business.
Key focus areas:
- Key owner of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and generation of reliable financial statements.
- Generation of statutory financials and related filings including VAT
- Support the Cost Accounting Function, including E&O reviews, Physical Inventories, and inventory management
- Drive efficient and effective business processes to gain consistency over the financials. Oversee and ensure compliance with internal controls, SOX and centralized processes.
- Utilize financial systems to gain efficiencies and enhance reporting functions with minimal rework
- Collaborate with financial analysts to understand the business and help to provide context for meaningful variance analysis
- Understand and communicate the financial results and trends to senior finance leadership.
- Ensure segment accounting treatment is in accordance with corporate and US GAAP policy.
- Provide leadership to direct and/or indirect report(s), where applicable; and influence change, impart collaboration & process improvement, and identify opportunities for optimizing Oracle Cloud to support the global Life Sciences Business and Finance community.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting or Finance; additionally, a MBA, CMA or CPA is a plus.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant financial experience preferably in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience in a management role within the finance department of a publicly traded company a plus.
Relevant additional requirements:
- Roll-up your sleeves approach and ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of Percentage of Completion (POC) / Overtime revenue recognition and Cost Accounting experience is required.
- Experience with accounting software applications, ERP systems and Microsoft Office suite required. Knowledge of the Oracle Cloud ERP is a plus.
- Demonstrated strength in communications and ability to multi-task in complex and dynamic environments.
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.