Sr. NPI Buyer
NPI Buyer (New Product Introduction)
Since our founding, Brooks Automation has been a leading automation provider and partner to the global semiconductor manufacturing industry. We provide advanced, high-precision, high-throughput robots, vacuum automation systems, contamination control systems, and reticle storage solutions to OEMs and global semiconductor chip manufacturers. Come join our growing, internationally recognized company for a great career. In this role you will work with engineering to source and negotiate the best prices for products/components for our manufacturing operations.
- Work closely with design engineering to quote, establish competitive pricing, and source all required materials related to NPI project activities
- Active participant on New Product Introduction design teams; provide input and guidance on design for manufacturing and other production requirements
- Liaise with NPI engineering to provide regular updates on part order and delivery status
- Maintain costed bills of materials, track project costs, and provide production pricing for responsible NPI projects
- Expedite and track all open purchase orders to ensure delivery to agreed schedule
- Work closely with global Commodity Managers to ensure adherence to overall supply base objectives and strategies during initial sourcing.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in New Product introduction procurement, supply chain, and/or commodity management
- Must have experience with the initial sourcing of new products and components
- Experience with international procurement and logistics a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks or projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good self-starter; able to operate with minimal direct supervision
- Industry certifications (APICS, CPM, etc.) preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints desirable
- Computer proficiency in most all Microsoft office applications.
- Working knowledge of ISO elements and audit requirements as related to the procurement function
- Strong negotiation skills