Customer Care Team Leader
Team Leader, Customer Care/Manchester
Temporary - 15 months
The Customer Care Team Leader is the voice of the customer and will have direct interaction with our external as well as internal customers on a daily basis. They will act as the local escalation lead and advisor for all all issues relating to customer satisfaction and order bookings. The role also includes ensuring that company policies and procedures are adhered to and that the local Customer Care team has the appropriate training & tools to carry out their duties to a high standard.
Daily activities include: reviewing, entering and managing customer orders for consumables, hardware and project orders according to clean order booking and order entry procedures, handling customer calls and emails, seeing problems through to satisfactory resolution. Contract review including terms and conditions, master supply agreement, project and software contracts. Generating and monitoring open order reports for held, open and late orders. Responsible for enquiries (order status, stock availability, pricing, company policies, returns authorization processing, requests for documentation, etc.); investigating production scheduling, shipping and invoicing issues and assists in resolution. All work is done in compliance with department Standard Operating Procedures, order booking procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Act as local escalation point for Customer Care/Sales Order Processing Representatives for all issues relating to customer satisfaction and bookings.
- Takes ownership of problems to a high-standard, drives root cause analysis and identifies areas for process review/improvement
- Build strong interdepartmental relationships across the local site and wider company. Understands quote to cash process beyond their role.
- Ensures team training is up to date
- Professionally handle incoming requests, via phone and email, to ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly to strive to achieve a “closed-loop” resolution process for the customer, limiting the need for customer call back.
- Proactive management of customers with orders on hold, staged release dates and blanket POs
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of commercial and operational needs and challenges while working to maintain a balance between both to advocate for the customer; seeks opportunities for process improvement.
- Reviews, enters and books orders according to order entry policies and procedures; proactively follows-up with customers to resolve order issues and escalate when necessary. Monitor order hold reports and take action based on need; understand importance of revenue recognition in relation to order booking/entry.
- Candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and exhibit a commitment to delivering customer satisfaction and success.
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strive to gain a broad understanding of products, market segments and customer needs.
- Remain current with and apply internal policies and procedures.
- Able to work independently; motivated to seek guidance from wider network of colleagues. Takes ownership of their work and their role; driven self-starter.
- Contribute to and promote harmony, growth and teamwork; is accountable to themselves and their team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to guide and motivate individuals, set attainable goals and support in achievement in them. Evaluate performance objectively. Able to adjust management & communication style to suit different people.
- Hold regular one to ones with team members.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, proactively contribute to and promote teamwork.
- Experience of working in regulated, audited environment (particularly Sarbanes Oxley, ISO conformance)
- Professional demeanor; excellent phone skills, strong attention to detail, team player.
- Customer-first attitude a must; understands that the customer is the driving force behind all activity.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment, with fast turnaround times & minimal supervision
- Experienced with ERP tools (Oracle Cloud)
- Experience in manufacturing desirable
- Experience with saleforce.com desirable, particularly ServiceCloud, or other incident-management tools such as ServiceNow/Remedy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize. Requirements include strong teamwork and problem solving skills.