Quality Control Technician
Based in Wotton, Surrey
Permanent, Full time
4titude® is part of Brooks Life Sciences, specialises in the design, manufacture and marketing of consumables and bench top instrumentation for the life sciences industry.
Developing a range of innovative products for PCR & sequencing, imaging, plate sealing, liquid handling, forensic and NGS sample processing.
We are now looking for Quality Control Technician to be based in Wotton, Surrey.
Reporting to the Quality Manager – The Quality Control Technician is tasked with supporting timely turnaround of products, manufactured and procured. Assisting manufacturing as we strive toward zero defects by conducting audits and random sampling. Working with a quality first mind set where we ensure the customer receives product that exceeds their expectations.
- Completing part inspection on products produced in house and by sub-contractors
- Measuring parts using callipers, micrometres, CMM
- Creating graphs in excel to enable comparison of QC results
- Updating excel spreadsheets
- Completing inventory transactions in the ER
- Assisting the production team as required, including completing first off production checks
- Raising re-work instructions check the quality of the re-work, occasionally completing re-work
- Working in the biological QC lab running product functional test (experience not required)
- Investigation customer complaints
- Raising & Investigating non-conformance**
- Assisting with document control**
- Conducting process audits**
- Assisting in data reviews and KPI updates**
- To work in special conditions as necessary: clean rooms; low humidity; or static – free
- To assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- To assist in CAPA and complaint activities as required
- Tasks related to continuous improvement activities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous quality control experience is required
- Experience with using CMM is desirable
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills is essential to the roll
- The roll requires you to work within a team
- You will be remunerated competitively depending on your experience and skills.
- 24 working days paid holiday in each holiday year, plus 8 public holidays
- Company Pension contribution
- Global Bonus Scheme (VCP)
- Bupa Healthcare plan
- Share purchase options