Sr. Manager, Regional Sales - Americas
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
The Sr. Manager, Regional Sales is responsible for growing the revenue and expanding the company brand in the assigned large region with significant revenue, and for managing the Sales Team in the assigned region.
The role gives direction to sales staff towards possible resources, sales strategies and contributing to sales promotions. They coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establishes for sales professionals. They develop, forecast, monitor budgets, and utilize operational resources.
Key focus areas:
- Achieve annual Regional sales goals by driving and supporting the team in their efforts for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer accounts including Pharmaceutical Companies, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts and Government Institutions
- Lead a team of sales professionals providing performance management and, more importantly, support of development through coaching and mentoring
- Track and drive sales activity metrics to meet company standards
- Prepare/ manage forecast of regional revenue and business growth for planning purposes
- Versed in the design and implementation of compensation plans including bonuses, SPIFS, and commissions
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with business and functional unit managers to propel the business forward
- Improve efficiency of the sales team through process development and refinement
Minimum Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, required; Biology or Life Sciences, preferred
- 5+ years sales leadership experience
- 10+ total years of advanced experience selling scientific services and/or products to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic, and Government Accounts required
- Experience leading sales team with demonstrated results; coaching and mentoring sales professionals at all levels
- Proven track record in management of large regional revenue quotas, launching new territories, closing institutional partnerships, punch-outs and other online marketplace type programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Working Conditions/ Schedule
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
- Home office based
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our sales team to lead it into the future. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. This position is remote based in the Central/ Midwest or Southeast region of the U.S.