Tooling Design Engineer
The Tooling Design Engineer is tasked with supporting projects involving new tooling, including but not limited to; design reviews, design changes, part reviews, inspection of tool steel, quoting. The Tooling Design Engineer will also support other projects requiring part designs being produced.
- Using SolidWorks CAD software to analyze existing tooling designs and improve on them.
- Using SolidWorks CAD software to design or update new components and prepare for tool design.
- Developing blueprints for or reviewing of, new tooling designs as per client & project specifications.
- Sharing designs with colleagues and implementing any relevant feedback in the new designs.
- Updating design files and records in Agile software.
- Ensuring tool & related part designs are kept up to date.
- Working with Product Management & Engineering on new product development activities.
- Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best deals.
- Traveling to manufacturing plants and factories to gather information and liaise with manufacturing and design teams.
- Assisting in and creating works instructions for detail / insert changes
- Assisting the Tool Room with trouble shooting tooling issues. Updating designs to capture any changes.
- Assisting the Tool Room in sourcing replacement parts as required.
- Support sub-contractors with tooling related documentation.
- Continue to monitor industry trends and new technologies that could help to reduce waste and improve efficiency. Or technologies that could enhance the services we are able to offer our customers.
- To carry out other such tasks as required from time to time.
- To assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
Extensive Computer Aided Design is essential preferably using SolidWorks
Previous experience in injection moulding tools, maintenance, and design.
Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Full Mechanical Engineering qualification /or toolmaker apprenticeship, is preferred
Ability to competently produce, technical drawings in 3D & 2D.