Scientist, Study Director
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced Scientist, Study Director to join our Regulatory Services team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Scientist, Study Director
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for GLP Studies using molecular biology approaches for characterization of nucleic acids (primarily Sanger Sequencing)
- Produce Study Protocols and Study Reports while ensuring quoted service captures scope of Study.
- Review laboratory records which primary consist of batch records reflective of extraction, PCR, sequencing, and data analysis.
- Work closely and collaboratively with operations team, Quality Assurance, Management and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for timeline completion of studies.
- Responsible for compliant completion of studies.
- Comfortable designing PCR primers for nucleic acid amplification.
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner to assist with simple troubleshooting efforts
- MS or PhD in Life Sciences
- 3+ years of previous molecular biology experience in a clinical lab
- Previous experience in a GLP, GMP, or GCP environment
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
- Previous experience with validation work highly desirable