Team Supervisor - 1st Shift
The Biobank Team Supervisor serves as the point of contact for all sample service requests and deliveries, is responsible for both operational and quality excellence, and provides technical and managerial guidance to his/her team.
- Set, maintain, track and communicate all goals and objectives- including individual learning plans, individual/team/department goals, and daily work assignments.
- Manage all aspects of Biobank team- including personnel, productivity, general inventory, team metrics, and resources in support of department objectives. Promote collaboration across all shifts, teams and departments.
- Enforce all policies and procedures with attention to Quality compliance.
- Effectively communicate all team affairs as needed and provide data, reports, and documentation as requested to support Lead Supervisor/Director.
- Work with PMO to ensure customer expectations are met (e.g., timelines, batch instructions).
- Recognize, escalate, and ensure resolution of operational, quality, or financial concerns of the team/department.
- Write and present semi-annual and annual performance reviews for assigned staff including the initiation of commendation or disciplinary action as applicable.
- Promote culture of continuous process improvement by leading, participating, and implementing improvements.
- Ensure all service/process failures are identified, investigated and appropriately resolved. Direct and effectively plan daily activities of Biobank technicians, assigning work accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years of people/functional experience
- Associate Degree + 4 years of experience, 2 years must be in a people/functional capacity
- HS Diploma + 6 years of experience, 3 years must be people/functional experience
- 2 years of experience in FDA regulated industry (GMP or GLP) preferred
- Previous sample and/or data management experience preferred