Corporate Accounts Marketing Communications Specialist
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
The Corporate Accounts Marketing Communication Specialist supports the strategic development and strategy specifically for the Corporate Accounts team in alignment with strategic go-to-market approaches. Working alongside the product marketing and creative marketing teams, they are responsible for development of strategizing, creating, implementing, and tracking marketing communication elements for the Corporate Accounts. This is accomplished in alignment with initiatives by e-mail and direct marketing, content marketing and other lead generation tactics, advertising, collateral development, social media, and special events/trade shows.
Key focus areas:
- Consolidate marketing materials and approaches for a structured marketing programs for Corporate Accounts that demonstrates Brooks Life Sciences’ overall value proposition and complete portfolio of capabilities
- Encourage enterprise-wide engagement across Corporate Accounts
- Develop strategic partnerships for Corporate Accounts
- Develop specific messaging and modes including for example account-based newsletters with profiles
- Develop value proposition for Corporate Accounts approach to client senior leadership including but not limited to procurement, operations, research, manufacturing/distribution
- Gather and review market trends and competitive landscape within Corporate Accounts to identify and evaluate value proposition.
- Align with business leaders and product marketing managers to implement marketing strategy, for both existing product portfolio and development of new products for Corporate Accounts.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive go-to marketing plan that include effective promotions, new marketing channels, and new and enhanced product opportunities
- Identify conferences and trade shows, thought leadership opportunities to brand the respective business line.
- Work with marketing communications and digital to define account-based go to market strategies to generate profitable marketing programs, engagements, sales collateral, service positioning and differentiation – utilizing integrated marketing channels, customer insights, and CRM
- Responsible for developing and tracking product marketing plans, campaigns and launches that outlines key KPIs, ROI impact and integrated marketing plan.
- Gather current and future customer needs (key defects and features) and personas to feed to the development team and business leader for incorporation into new development and roadmap prioritization.
- Owns marketing communication strategy plan for Corporate Account. Serves as communications lead and ensures quality and consistency through internal and external vehicles with limited rework; provides strategic counsel and implementation of communication strategy
- Proactively develop, implement, and track multi-channel marketing campaigns for Corporate Accounts. This includes:
- Working with product marketing to develop marketing campaign requirements
- Working with creative and digital marketing to ensure messaging
- Executing multi-touch program elements including email campaigns, digital advertising, social, content marketing, trades shows, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing programs
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, English, Marketing, P.R. Business, or related field required (advanced degree preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience in life sciences business or academia in BtoB content marketing, PR, brand marketing or communications. Former copywriters ideal (global experience a plus)
Relevant additional requirements:
- Strong writing experience mandatory with solid verbal/presentation skills. Writing samples required and a writing test may be provided
- Loves to learn -- thrives on working with highly technical information and distilling it through to appropriate audiences
- Creative and entrepreneurial – ability to brainstorm unique, big ideas, and see them through to detailed execution
- Experience with planning and executing marketing plans with measurable KPIs that will drive brand awareness and generate leads
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and detail-orientation – ability to prioritize and operationalize projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a remote opening available across the US.