Customer Support Specialist
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
The Support Specialist will interact with customers prior to and/or after sale. Will provide prompt and accurate customer service and increase client satisfaction. Will provide technical assistance to clients and help troubleshoot software applications using remote troubleshooting techniques. The Support Specialist will help identify the severity and impact of issues to assist software engineering and project management teams understand technical issues that have occurred with customers as they arise to help prioritize appropriate reconfigurations of the software if needed.
- Provide prompt and accurate customer service support and address user tickets regarding software and technical use issues
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Will communicate directly with end-users to understand the issue being reported and ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Train customer end-users on various software application systems they have purchased
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Test alternative pathways until issue is resolved
- Record technical issues and solutions in appropriate internal tracking systems
- Work with QA to develop Test Cases to prevent recurrence of issues.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- BSc in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-5 years of relevant practical experience
- Must have computer skills with ability to write scripts
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting
- Ability to provide clear instructions
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Ability to work independent
- Experience with LIMS / LIS systems preferred
- Experience in software support and quality methodologies
- Working knowledge of issue tracking services (RedMine, Spiceworks, JIRA, etc.) a plus
- Experience with Tier 2 or higher service level agreement
- Knowledgeable of programming language (Python, Ruby, etc.)