Senior Public Relations & Corporate Communications Manager
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Reporting to VP, Global Marketing, the Senior Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communication is a strategic communication professional with a passion for media, trends, and storytelling focused on enhancing and building Azenta Life Sciences’ brand and reputation with internal and external stakeholders. This individual will build strong relationships with top-tier life sciences media, plus an excellent understanding of the life sciences tools, pharm, biopharma, and clinical industry.
This individual will manage all communication platforms for Azenta Life Sciences, as well as build communications strategy for the company. They will be proficient at analyzing data, identifying trends, and making media strategy recommendations that help promote the corporate narrative and help build a positive reputation for Azenta Life Sciences.
Key focus areas:
- Develop the Azenta Life Sciences media relations and thought leadership strategy and standards, for companywide PR, pipeline companies PR, and internal communications.
- Develop a strategy that includes reporter and influencer research, pitch development and outreach, management of media preparation for executive interviews, and reporting and analytics related to media trends and coverage.
- Collaborate with leadership on designing and executing communications strategies.
- Nurture strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, key contacts within the media, community organizations, trade associations and end-user groups to deliver positive PR messaging.
- Coordinating with marketing leadership you’ll manage and coordinate responses from media inquiries and corporate communication request.
- Draft media materials- press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, content for Brand websites and internal portals, message briefings, key messages and talking points.
- Track and report on media coverage and protect and enhance the reputation of the company in the press.
- Use your previous experience with event management to coordinate key events, which includes but is not limited to: media invites, event press coverage, media kit creation/distribution, booth/room setup, and working with third party vendors to coordinate A/V, lighting, catering, etc.
- Manage content creation for Azenta Life Sciences at large including marketing related publications and social media. Create new opportunities and creative initiatives to build the Azenta Life Sciences brand.
- Work with pipeline company leaderships to develop PR standards and branding kits to ensure cohesion, including development of relevant collaterals and storylines.
- Develop comprehensive media preparation files for Azenta Life Sciences staff members ahead of media interviews; conduct media pieces of training as needed.
- Strategize and develop materials to respond to quick-turn and complicated reputation issues and crises.
- Make daily judgment calls on company statements and demonstrate strong media acumen when engaging with reporters.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships across the Azenta Life Sciences team to stay informed of new initiatives and projects to enable optimal content creation and delivery of key messages.
- Maintain a rich understanding of industry best practices and emerging trends.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Five years to eight years of professional experience working in corporate or brand media relations in biotech or life sciences industries preferred
Relevant additional requirements:
- Passion for telling stories about science and the groundbreaking work being done at Azenta Life Sciences
- Successful track record implementing strategic media plans and placing stories in key media outlets
- Strong experience in project management among multiple stakeholders. Ability to navigate matrixed organization to effectively produce communications collateral and outcomes.
- Proficient with data analytics, media analysis, media monitoring tools, and other relevant statistical tools.
- A strong writer and critical thinker.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a remote opening available across the US.