Software Quality Engineer
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality for Cryo solutions and Instruments in life science products.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Key focus areas:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year) in Computer Science or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 1-5 years of software quality engineering experience
Relevant additional requirements:
- Familiar with DevOps, Git, TFS, Jira or other tools for tracking SW activities
- Proven work experience in software development or software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience in developing automation/robotics products in life sciences and ISO 13485 Quality Systems is a big plus.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have an opening working at our Chelmsford, MA location.