GENEWIZ is looking for a full-time Lab Assistant to join our Cambridge, MA (moving to Waltham in late 2021), Molecular Biology team.
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to have fun while making a difference by supporting genomics researchers through quality laboratory processing. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We are firm believers of promoting from within and many of our Managers started with GENEWIZ in entry-level positions. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Our Lab Assistants are:
Proactive supporters. They help to support our Laboratory Technicians in the laboratory to ensure that our customer samples are processed according to our deadlines. They also help to maintain overall cleanliness of the laboratory.
The best at what they can be. They are multi-taskers, able to meet tight deadlines, and strive in fast-paced work environments. They understand the big picture, while paying attention to the details.
If you’re great at:
- Paying attention to the details
- Meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Learning and retaining new concepts quickly
- Being an effective team-player committed to our goals
If you’re awesome at:
- Working a schedule from Monday to Friday, 1:00PM to 9:30PM
- Being open and adaptable to changes
- Having fun while working to achieve goals
What you will need:
- High School Diploma required
- AAS Degree or equivalent lab work experience preferred
- 1+ years of lab work experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential