This customer facing position is to work closely with and support our distribution partners & OEM customers to apply our innovative collaborative robots (Cobots) to solve their challenging & high-value applications.
The ideal teammate will tenaciously support our growth by becoming a product & use-case expert and provide their technical expertise to both customers and our regional sales staff.
Our application engineers benefit from learning not just state of the art robotics technology, but many of the other technologies and mechatronic solutions needed to address unique applications in many different markets.
- Becoming an expert with our products and use-cases: cobots, motion controls, & software, to provide pre-sales technical support to our customers and account teams.
- Working independently and as a team member to quickly respond to customer needs
- Answering questions from customers and partners about all aspects of our products
- Building and maintaining relationships with partner product companies
- Gaining the trust of our customers to become their technical interface
- Understanding Customers’ applications and markets
- Preparing detailed product specifications to define solutions to meet customers’ high-value applications
- Working with the sales, & marketing staff to identify, assess and prioritize potential customers and applications of our products
- Communicating customer needs and wishes to our marketing, & product engineering staff
- Supporting customer visits, attending & presenting at trade shows and seminars
- Developing and delivering demonstrations to win opportunities
- Preparing & delivering training classes on using and maintaining our cobots
- Providing product support for distribution salespeople and OEM engineers
- Help setup and maintain support resources
- Complex robot application programming in VB.Net
- Wiring, and programming ancillary technology like mobile robots, grippers, vision, etc.
- Using Solidworks to design and build mechanical parts (brackets, fingers, etc.)
- External: Customers
- Customer Operations (Sales, Service)
- Product Engineering
- Product Management/Marketing
Skills and Aptitude Profile:
Qualifications / Training/Experience / Technical Ability / Personal characteristics
- A bachelors degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics highly preferred) or Experience in factory automation and/or robotics preferred
- Good understanding of servo control systems (PID, Commutation, etc.)
- Helpful, patient and possesses the ability to relate to many types of people
- Able to work through problems systematically and document the findings
- Strong commitment to goals and team-first attitude
- Prefer knowledge of vision and vision components
- Understanding of electronic components such as sensors, switches, relays, etc.
- Programming experience with VisualBasic.net preferred