- Using various data collection methodologies, will measure, analyze and improve supplier performance and reduce supplier non-conformances.
- Monitors and maintains established quality metrics and guides supplier level or commodity level programs to meet or exceed established goals.
- Plan and conduct regular audits with suppliers including onsite certification of product and processes.
- Perform as technical expert within a given commodity and represent the requirements and capabilities of that commodity with a focus on enabling optimized supplier performance.
- Supports new supplier evaluation and qualification including inspection and first articles.
- Participate as a member of the Material Review Board to review and disposition supplier related nonconformance material reports as required.
- Works cross functionally with Engineering, Operations and Quality to understand major quality trends and drive root cause corrective action with suppliers; support internal processes as related to the quality function including coordinating all supplier level communication for quality issues.
- Assesses risk and defines mitigation plans and drives implementation of control with the supply chain
- Project Lead for key supply chain projects as assigned.
- Participation in Supplier Quality Business Reviews.
- Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of related technical/engineering experience, preferably with a background in OEM assemblies (vacuum pumps, compressors, motors), precision machining and sheet metal, and other electro-mechanical components such as printed circuit boards and cables. Knowledge and experience with electronics including IPC-610 and IPC-620 is also desired.
- Ability to read and interpret technical document including: engineering drawings, blueprints, GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance), electronic circuit schematics, product specifications, purchase requisitions, material tolerances and finish specifications.
- Must have experience with supplier interface including proven ability to develop positive relationships and effective lines of communication with suppliers.
- Experience driving standard quality and statistical methods, problem solving methods, process capability methods, sampling methods, fixturing/gaging principles and destructive and nondestructive testing methods at suppliers.
- Willing to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 40% of time.
- Superior problem solving skills, and the desire to help find solutions to internal and external customer’s needs.
- Critical thinker and active listener.
- Self-motivated and strong responsibility ownership. Project management and leadership.
- Effective communication (including ability to read and write English), conflict management and team effectiveness.
- Ability to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally).
Bachelors in engineering or management discipline OR equivalent experience.
Professional certifications such as ASQ certification (CSQP, CQE, CQA, CSSGB, or CSSBB) preferred.