European Region Payroll Specialist
Brooks Automation has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Specialist to lead the payroll function for the Europe region.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsibility for managing all payroll aspects in the region including tax, compensation & benefits. The region has payrolls in Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Israel and Portugal, and there is potential for additional payrolls to be added as the business grows.
Partners with HR and Finance personnel who are involved in inputs to payroll processes whilst effectively managing any risks identified that may impact delivery.
- Ensure effective generation of monthly payrolls across the region, including completion of daily transaction tasks for the country payrolls assigned to the post holder for processing. Ensure all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions are met.
- Own, manage and influence Payroll relationships with our provider for the region, ADP, including KPIs and SLAs. Ongoing review of cost vs service and continuous improvements
- Escalation management for any technical payroll queries
- Issue resolution including any residual risks (if any) to remedy resulting internal and external audits.
- Develop and continuously improve policies and procedures which impact payroll, for example processes within HR and HRIS and the application of Workday HCM and Workday Absence/Time Tracking.
- Supports region in best practice.
- Test and improve controls in key risk areas (Starters, leavers, salary changes, bank accounts, BACS / payments, authority matrix for variable payments), regionally.
- Sets regional KPIs in agreement with the Compensation & Benefits Director, and the HR Director for the region.
- Act as key contact for and is involved in Payroll Audits for the region.
- Work with stakeholders in HR and Finance to develop global standard for Payroll reporting, including costing.
- Implementation of ADP Celergo Payroll and Workday Absence/Time Tracking: Brooks is nearing completion of a project to transition its European payrolls to ADP and introduction of integration with Workday HCM, and Time Tracking and Absence Management applications. The post holder will be responsible for final implementation stages of some aspects, and ongoing development of applications and processes in close collaboration with Brooks HRIS team and ADP client account managers.
- The job holder is responsible for prioritising their workload and organising their own day, which may vary considerably in tasks depending upon business demands at the time. The role holder will maintain regular contact with the regional HR and Finance teams, global HRIS team and internal audit.
- The job holder will communicate internally with staff at all levels, including directors of the business.
- External communication involves liaison with payroll solution provider, accounting firms, tax authorities and auditors as required
Skill and Aptitude Profile:
- The successful candidate will have demonstratable knowledge of delivering payroll / system implementation projects, with experience of ADP payroll in UK and Europe, and Workday Absence/Time Tracking and Workday HCM.
- Significant experience in a Payroll leadership role within a global organisation, dealing with circa 300+ employees in a region
- Experience in managing external payrolls and inhouse payroll platforms
- Experience in managing major change programmes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Management of colleagues involved in payroll process inputs and outputs in a matrix reporting structure
- Demonstrable experience of general accounting knowledge and reporting within a multinational organisation with an unfaltering attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Proficiency in financial systems and applications and SOX controls
- Knowledge of global compensation schemes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people - a good influencer, especially within a matrixed environment
- Experience of payrolls and associated regulatory requirements in the following countries would be advantageous: UK, Germany, Switzerland, Israel, Ireland, Portugal.
- Must be fluent in English and German.
- Able to undertake occasional travel
- A ‘can do’ attitude and use of initiative to get results is essential
- A Team player
- Experience of working in a global US headquartered company desirable