Manufacturing Distribution Supervisor
Brooks Life Sciences is seeking a Manufacturing Distribution Supervisor to manage the activities involved in the shipping and receiving of various product in a stockroom environment. Responsible for the movement of product within the facility and the picking of components to be used on the production floor. Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control. Ensures materials are available to meet production schedules. Establishes and modifies operational procedures to support a fast-paced and growing operation. Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
This role requires knowledge of all shipping and receiving functions including concepts such as warehousing, stockroom, trucking, and inventory. Supervises and directs the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks, maintaining schedules and ensuring compliance with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for the overall operations of the shipping / receiving and warehouse operations for the company including supervision of personnel.
- Manages / performs a variety of coordinating, routing and material handling duties.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of records of products shipped.
- Strong emphasis on shipping process and accuracy.
- Works with their team on a wide range of assignments that require the manager’s full attention.
- Follows established procedures, processes, or policies, but is expected to use judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions.
- Participates in team projects and may be asked to lead portions of projects.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all shipping and receiving functions, both internationally and domestically.
- Provides resolutions from basic to moderately complex problems.
- Exercises judgment within procedures and practices in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- May be required to assist with shipping / receiving functions which include but are not limited to picking, packing, receiving and shipping.
- Maintaining inventory of all shipping materials.
- Prioritize the daily shipping picks to effectively meet customer needs.
- Review shipments throughout the day for accuracy or errors.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience as a Supervisor overseeing shipping and receiving functions, ideally in a Manufacturing environment.
RELEVENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Possesses basic computer and data entry skills.
- Experience with both international and domestic shipments including commercial invoices, BOL’s and other shipping documentation.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Experience dealing with custom packaging like crates, internal packaging inserts and custom labeling.
- Communicating with customers specific shipping expectation’s/ requirements.
- Entering transactions into ERP systems of all receipts or shipments.
- Good communication skills in order to communicate to internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Attention to detail and demonstrates accuracy to ensure quality.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and adapt to priority changes at last minute.
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package.