Full time / Permanent
Monday – Friday / 8.00am – 4.30pm
Azenta Life Sciences is the leading worldwide provider of robotic compound management and biological sample storage systems.
As a result of our continued ongoing success we are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor at our manufacturing site in Irlam.
The ideal candidate will bring experience within a distribution environment and hold a proactive approach to problem solving, while leading a busy team in a fast moving warehouse.
Key focus Areas
- Responsible for a team, setting objectives and provide training and development
- Responsible for the inventory accuracy of all products on site
- The primary contact for the relationship between Brooks and external service providers
- To achieve agreed metrics on shipping, inventory accuracy and logistics
- Key contact for both internal and external audit maintaining statistical and financial records for all receipts and shipments
- Key contact for H&S
- Warehouse lead on all aspects of Quality, to take corrective action and drive quality improvements
- Ability to analyse cost effectiveness and make sound commercial / business decisions
- Identify and manage supply chain risks, communicate with internal and external stakeholders to mitigate risk
- Drive initiatives and continuous process improvement to help the team to become more efficient and effective
- Generates internal management reports for senior teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Distribution experience with a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of supervising / managing a successful team
- Excellent PC skills / Microsoft proficient
- A good communicator both verbal and written.
- Hold an interest in Lean / Continuous Improvement teams and activities
- Hold an understanding of Oracle (or similar) MRP based planning system, is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities for multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality to people outside the organization.
- Requires sense of urgency, and the ability to provide detailed information when needed