Field Service Engineer
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
The Field Service Engineer performs basic/routine customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of Brooks’ equipment and systems generally at customer sites, to ensure proper working order. Works under supervision following established policies and procedures to ensure company and customer quality standards are met. Discretion and independent judgment are required resolving customer issues. Candidate may be assigned to support a specific customer site, region, or product, depending upon business needs.
Key focus areas:
- Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis, and perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment and systems while adhering to Brooks’ policies, procedures and work direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
- Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at all times to Brooks and customer’s work protocols and policies.
- Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined.
- Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and required.
- Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line down and escalations and support organizational and administrative duties.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- High school degree is required. Associate of Science (AS) degree, technical certificate or equivalent is desired.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience or military technical training is required.
- Strong Electrical & Mechanical background.
Relevant additional requirements:
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Displays commitment to resolve problems and make independent decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Must be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed, and be available for specific emergency on-call work. Depending upon business needs travel can vary greatly to as high as 80-90% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses and able to obtain a valid passport for the term of employment.
- Must be qualified to meet the requirements of background screening by a third-party agency.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
- Must be proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based Operating Systems. Oracle experience highly beneficial. Be able to use the company’s standard software to generate reports, presentations and document the daily activities as defined and expected by your manager.
- Work performed generally will be to support global needs. International travel is required at times.
- Work schedule is to align with customer needs.
- On rare occasions, individuals may be asked to be on-call, or work on holidays, or weekends.
- Work in cold environments
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our field service team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a few openings working in our Indianapolis, Indiana location.