Director of Distribution Operations
Brooks Automation is looking for a highly motivated Director of Distribution Operations to oversee day-to-day operations of warehouse activities involved in the shipping and receiving of various product in a stockroom environment. The Director of Distribution Operations must have knowledge of all shipping and receiving functions including concepts such as warehousing, stockroom, trucking, and inventory. Supervises and directs the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks, maintaining schedules, and ensuring compliance with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for the overall operations of the shipping/receiving and warehouse operations for the company including supervision of personnel
- Ensures materials are received from proper vendors, that they are delivered to inventory, and that finished goods are packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner.
- Manages/performs a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of records of products shipped.
- Works with their team on a wide range of assignments that require the manager’s full attention.
- Participates in team projects and may be asked to lead portions of projects.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all shipping and receiving functions, both internationally and domestically.
- Provides resolutions from basic to moderately complex problems.
- Exercises judgment within procedures and practices in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Balances urgency to achieve short-term goals with longer term strategies.
- Participates with other senior managers in establishing the superior organization’s strategic plans and objectives
- May be required to assist with shipping/receiving functions which include but are not limited to picking, packing, receiving, and shipping.
- Maintains documentation to reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department activities.
- Maintaining inventory of all shipping materials.
- Prioritize the daily shipping picks to effectively meet customer/production requirements.
- Review shipments throughout the day for accuracy or errors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing a manufacturing distribution center including leading all areas: kitting, stocking, distribution, shipping and receiving functions.
- Experience ensuring MRB guidelines are met
- Experience with barcode scanning system, including troubleshooting
- Player/Coach leadership focus or hands-on leader required
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with both international and domestic shipments including commercial invoices, BOL’s and other shipping documentation.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Experience dealing with custom packaging like crates, internal packaging inserts and custom labeling.
- Communicating with customers specific shipping expectation’s/ requirements.
- Entering transactions into ERP systems of all receipts or shipments.
- Good communication skills in order to communicate to internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain a clean organized work environment
- Attention to detail and demonstrates accuracy to ensure quality
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and adapt to priority changes at last minute.