Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
Responsible for the overall sales results within the EMEA region for the FreezerPro® system. Plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies. Establishes short- and long-term objectives, strategies, and tactics in line with corporate objectives.
FreezerPro® is Brooks Life Sciences intuitive, fast, reliable and secure solution which enables users to know precisely where a laboratory sample is located even before opening the freezer door.
FreezerPro® is a web based sample inventory management system ideal for small labs and SME customers. FreezerPro® manages hundreds of collections in all types of organization ranging from small research outfits to central bio repositories with millions of records. Customers rely on FreezerPro® for secure management of samples and sample information.
Key focus areas:
- Manages all sales related facets of strategic alignment, relationship management, sales process, and engagement
- Develops an integrated relationship model and sales approach that can allow Brooks to partner with the key account in a performance-based delivery model
- Works closely to support both the direct sales team and our distribution partners to progress sales within the region
- Ability to train other employees on the use and capabilities of the software
- Oversees alignment with key account Business Drivers and assures continuity between sales and delivery (solution) teammates
- Provides comprehensive reports regularly
- Drives growth to achieve top line revenue while continually enhancing the level of customer satisfaction delivered to end users and customers
- Responsible for successfully managing the needs of customers to meet the company's overall business plans and strategies.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers
- Contribute to the development and presentation of Brooks Products and solutions to customer needs
- Prepare /monthly/quarterly forecast and report to Global Business Manager
- Supports annual business plan development in conjunction with Sales management team, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year
- Maintain accurate SFDC/CRM process
- Monitor and share market and competitor activities with team
- Attend and present at client meetings and internal meetings with other staff/departments as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values. Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments Marketing, Finance, Support, Operations, Service
- Working alongside Marketing assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- A Bachelor's degree preferably in life sciences
- 2+ years' experience in sales is required
- Strong technical capabilities consistent with market segment
- Consultative sales and software demonstration experience is required
- Knowledge and expertise of sample biopreservation; Biobanking, cell cryopreservation, gene therapy, drug discovery is highly desirable
Relevant additional requirements:
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals – 10-25%
- The selected candidate should also expect to be ‘face to face’ with its customers on a regular basis
- Candidate must have demonstrated success in driving best of class customer satisfaction as seen through the customer’s eyes.
- The successful individual will consistently exceed revenue targets, maintain or increase margins, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in an aggressive and ‘must win’ company environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales quotas
- Demonstrated strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and future trends
- Experience in coordinating projects
- Experience of MS Office required particularly Excel
- Experience of Salesforce and/or Oracle a strong positive
- Comfortable with a range of IT solutions to allow online software demonstrations
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our team. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We are currently looking for a remote-based sales professional in the UK.