Technical Writer (Large / Small / Cryo Storage, Consumables, Instruments, Software & API)
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships. All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity.
Brooks Life Sciences is seeking a Technical Writer to be responsible for producing high quality customer-facing and internal documentation on Large Storage, Small Storage, Cryo Storage, Consumables, Instruments, Software, and API for Life Sciences customers. All documentation follows our internal quality management process for reviews, revisions, and publication. The candidate can expect to use single-sourcing methodologies to create print and digital documentation.
- Create user, software, installation, service, and API documentation as a contributor within a larger team for our life sciences product lines.
- Write Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) and upgrade procedures, which detail the removal and replacement of parts within the life sciences products.
- Consult with subject matter experts to establish the technical content needed to create documentation.
- Maintain company documentation standards and writing to the company style guide.
- Work collaboratively with a team of writers using MadCap Flare and the department revision control system to author topic-based documentation.
- Publish documentation using the company product lifecycle management system.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field plus a certificate or program completion in Technical Writing / Communication.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of Technical Writing experience.
- Experience with MadCap Flare and understanding of structured XML.
- Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Familiarity with API and API documentation.
- Ability to understand target audiences with the ability to create and develop content in effective ways.
- Willingness to pivot between multiple projects with effective project management skills.
- Team-oriented and a great collaborator within a medium sized writing group.
- Strengths in problem-solving and decision-making.