Robotics Controls Engineer
Brooks is seeking a Robotics Controls Engineer to work with a team of talented controls engineers to develop industry leading, high performance robot control platforms for the semiconductor industry. The work is both technically challenging and hands-on with new, cutting edge robot arm designs and state of the art control software and electronics that push the envelope in semiconductor wafer handling.
The candidate will apply digital filtering and control theory to design motion control algorithms and tune the feedback parameters on the robot hardware, characterize the dynamic performance, stability, throughput, payload vibration, design verification testing, software configuration, and documentation/release. The candidate will participate in diverse opportunities to apply the latest principals of robotics and control theory to push the boundaries of performance with tools such as MATLAB.
- BSEE or BSME with 2 to 4 years of experience OR MSEE, MSME or Ph.D. with 0 to 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of OR experience working with control theory, dynamic systems, robotics theory, and vibration analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in MATLAB (controls toolboxes a plus, object–oriented and Java integration preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in C/C++14 programming, especially for real-time systems and backend software development.
- Enthusiastic, hands-on engineer with a broad capability in electromechanical systems who possesses
- Familiarity with stability criteria using Nyquist and bode plots.
- Prior experience with multithreaded and interrupt driven programming.
- Ability to learn complex systems quickly and independently.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical communication and presentation skills.
- Handy in the use of dynamic signal analyzers and general lab equipment.
- Interest in traveling abroad to visit and integrate robots at customer sites.