Brooks Automation is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager who wants to make their mark on a growing organization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, great communicator, analytical problem solver that enjoys collaborating with people across functions in a fast-pace environment.
The Payroll Manager oversees the payroll function; analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth processing for all aspects of an in-house Workday biweekly multi state payroll for approximately 600 employees.
- Hands on manager to assist with and oversee delivery of biweekly payroll processed in house with Workday software and outsourced vendor support. Manages the payroll administrator and vendor relationship.
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations; Subject matter expert to research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements to resolve tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Designs and configures Workday components in Payroll, Time tracking, GL, and Absence modules including elements, calculations, integrations and scheduled reports. Develops reports and dashboards to extend analytical capabilities into the organization.
- Drives process improvement and controls within Payroll/ HRIS systems to identify and implement opportunities for further automation and efficiencies. Collaborates with Human Resources on company initiatives for annual merit, bonus and open enrollment events.
- Prepares the company annual tax reconciliations and W2s. Meet all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Manage payroll related audits (payroll, 401(k), workers compensation) with external auditing firms. Follow internal audit controls to achieve clean data environment across the organization and in compliance as required by SOX.
- Accurately process equity compensation events (RSA/RSU vesting, ESPP withholdings) through the payroll and cross functionally collaborate with Equity Administration team, which includes Financial Reporting, Accounting, Tax, Legal, and HR.
- Proactively support Finance in the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes for recurring and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Ownership of the month end close reporting process related to payroll matters. Provides oversight to the accuracy and timely processing of month end close requirements related to payroll journals, severance, bonus, PTO and payroll tax accruals.
- Actively participate in any system implementations or M&A as it relates to payroll processing or data. Document and establish a repository of standard operating procedures/ work instructions.
- Provides training and related reference materials (videos, job aids) to company employees related to payroll processing or using Workday system. Maintains internal company SharePoint site for payroll procedures and reference documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Accounting /Finance desired).
- Minimum of 8 years of payroll management experience with strong working knowledge of payroll practices and guidelines (Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification desired).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience configuring and running payroll in Workday to include integrations and reporting. Ability to understand Workday system functionality to make modifications and enhancements.
- Experience writing payroll policies / procedures and internal controls including SOX.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated Accounting skills including reconciliations.
- Proactive, motivated, and results orientated individual capable of partnering cross functionally with Finance, Human Resources, Legal and Tax departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, including Executives.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consistent demonstration of organizational and time management skills.