Robotics Laboratory Technician - Intern
The candidate will provide support for Technology Development and Product Engineering groups in the areas of Technology Development for Semiconductor automation. The candidate is expected to have experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems. Experience with Semiconductor automation is a plus. Responsibilities include:
- Design, conduct part procurement and build test stands for electromechanical systems
- Build electromechanical prototypes and sub-assemblies to support New Product Developments
- Execute Verification Testing of automation components and systems based on predefined test plans
- Conduct prototype testing of electromechanical components to support feasibility studies of new technologies to be used in Semiconductor automation
- Generate technical reports for test results. Maintains documentation on results, report results to engineering, and assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Organize and maintain Technology Development laboratory
- Manage purchase of engineering laboratory equipment
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing and trouble-shooting.
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on software, systems (mechanical/electrical) and equipment.
- Experience in designing and building mechanical and electrical test stands for measuring repeatability, temperature, vibration, thermal expansion, mechanical strain, rigid body position of motion controlled mechanisms
- Experience with engineering laboratory test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, current probes, thermocouples, accelerometers, charge amplifiers, load cells, precision leveling tools, laser devices, optical metrology equipment, pneumatic devices
- Familiarity with AutoCad and/or ProE for mechanical drawings desirable
- Familiarity with Python and/or LabView or equivalent for automated test scripts
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical circuits and mechanical systems
- Experience in maintaining organized an engineering lab environment including managing required inventory of tools and apparatus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Machine shop experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in similar environments