Technical Accounting Manager
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity.
Brooks is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to provide technical accounting leadership and contribution in support of our growing business. This position will provide expertise in technical accounting to our accounting team and business leaders and will be instrumental to the monthly financial close process and reporting process.
- Lead the preparation of the Company’s quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements.
- Support finance teams by providing guidance for technical accounting and control matters, reviewing proposed accounting for significant and/or complex transactions and assisting in the documentation of accounting research and conclusions
- Perform impairment reviews and testing for goodwill, intangibles, and long-lived assets
- Assist with corporate oversight of global lease accounting process, including maintaining lease accounting system and data, preparing lease analysis for management reporting.
- Assist with M&A activities including contract review, opening balance sheet procedures, U.S. GAAP application, valuation procedures, memorandum preparation and post-acquisition integration
- Monitor the development of new and emerging accounting standards and SEC regulations; assist with implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist with the preparation and update of accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes and facilitating testing of controls, as necessary
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required; MBA or MSA are a plus
- CPA with strong understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Requires MS Excel skills at an advanced level
- Experience with Oracle, HFM, SmartView is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Self-starter/demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast paced, and growing company
- Strong communications skills with ability to research, communicate, and document technical accounting guidance