Regional Sales Account Manager
Regional Account Manager
Location: CA - Bay Area
Brooks is a leading worldwide technology provider for multiple markets, including semiconductor manufacturing and life sciences. Our technologies, engineering competencies and global service capabilities provide customers speed to market, and ensure high uptime and rapid response, which equate to superior value in their mission-critical controlled environments.
The Regional Account Manager will report directly to the Director of North American Regional Sales. The position will be based in the Bay Area in Caifornia. Position is to grow and manage Brooks’ OEM and end user customers in the Western region.
- Creates detailed strategies (including objectives and action plans) for specific sales opportunities and overall account to deliver our value message and increase revenues while maintaining corporate margin objectives.
- Develops and manages the customer total relationship, including executive interaction, technical interaction, marketing interaction, service interaction.
- Arranges technical presentations at customer locations and supports customer visits to Brooks’ Development and Manufacturing centers.
- Maintains knowledge of current developments in state-of-the-art products from Brooks and competitive firms. Maintains presentation on competitive offerings.
- Negotiation leadership and manages contracts and associated amendments.
- Manages the forecast (Excel / SharePoint) on a weekly basis with rolling six month forecast.
- Must be a pro-active person with the ability to identify any potential issues before they arise.
- Be knowledgeable of the different drivers and/or challenges in the semiconductor industry.
- Able to complete critical projects even if challenged with limited support.
- Put together key updates and documents/distributes critical meeting minutes.
- Create detailed action lists and follows up on open issues until complete.
- Works with factory personnel to quickly resolve issues as an escalation point and provide feedback to customer.
- Ensures quotes are generated as needed and enter into forecast plan as applicable, as well as monitoring receivables and negotiates collection difficulties when required
- Supports and manages clean order bookings.
- Handles service and sales related customer relation problems and maintains customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Work with team to manage customer build configurations, product change notices and any engineering changes required.
- Weekly conference calls with customers that accommodate different time zones of customers and key internal stakeholders.
- Track and ensure key shipments are well understood, and roadblocks are cleared.
- Travel: As necessary to ensure success of critical projects. Primary travel would be to key customer sites
Skill and Aptitude Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a technical discipline
- 3-5+ years of successful sales/marketing/business experience in the Semiconductor Industry, preferably sales to Semiconductor OEMS and SEMI Manufacturing Fabs
- Established relationships within the semiconductor and/or adjacent market preferably at End User Semi Fabs and/or SEMI OEMs
- Willingness to travel within the USA and work in a global team of professionals,
- Demonstrated strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and future trends
- Candidate must have demonstrated success in driving best of class customer satisfaction as seen through the customer’s eyes.
- The successful individual will consistently exceed revenue targets, maintain or increase margins, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in an aggressive and ‘must win’ company environment.
- Self-driven with a Business Development mentality and ability to articulate and manage an organization at a strategic level to achieve business development goals
- Well organized with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication, negotiation & presentation skills
- Relationship builder, but be thick skinned
- Problem solver / strategist with technical competence
- Flexible, positive attitude with a win-win orientation