The role will see you being responsible for managing all aspects of materials supply.
Responsible for timely price negotiations
Driving PPV savings
Responsible for supplier management
Ensuring products are delivered to promise and request dates
Ability to analyze cost effectiveness and make sound commercial / business decisions
Identify and manage supply chain risks, communicate with internal and external stakeholders to mitigate risks
Problem solving demand issues
Drive initiatives and continuous process improvement to help the team to become more efficient and effective
Generates internal management reports for purchasing team
Skills and Aptitude Profile:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, APICS certification (CPIM) preferred
• Minimum 2 years of purchasing demand /production planning within a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Lean / Continuous Improvement teams and activities
• Expert understanding of Oracle (or similar) MRP based planning system.
• Expert capability in modern sourcing principles
• Abilities to handle multiple competing priorities for multiple projects.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality to people outside the organization.
• Requires sense of urgency, and the ability to provide detailed information when needed