Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Responsible for responding to quality issues raised in the Quality Management System and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasis defect prevention. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at team meetings, milestones and/or on completion by Quality Manager.
Manage all quality-related issues within raised from the field, the installation team, Service Team and Customers.
Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues.
Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
Monitor and update Quality Dashboard and key performance indicators including Defects Per Units monitoring.
Assist with training of Quality Awareness
Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as 8D Problem Solving Methodology, Measurement System Analysis.
Lead and Participate in cross-functional teams in the push for Corrective Actions to solve customer faced problems whilst guiding teams to perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
Independently determine approach and assigned tasks
· Lead and/or support groups of technicians and engineers
· Provide guidance to other team members in relation to Quality tools.
· Train both team and broader organisation members as required.
Skills & Attributes:
· Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritising activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
· Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 4 or equivalent NVQ level 4 qualification
· Must – Lead Problem-solving teams, (Experience Level of 8D Methodology)
· Must – Working knowledge of 5Whys and Fishbone Diagram.
· Must – Excel, Pivot Tables, Charts