Commodity Manager - Singapore
Director, Supply Chain
Skills Required (Cognitive, Communication, Leadership, Interpersonal):
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks or projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good self-starter; able to execute with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BA/BS degree in a technical field, advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in commodity or supply chain management
- Industry certifications (APICS, CPM, etc.) desirable
- Proficient in contract writing and negotiation skills
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and related costing specific to machined and sheet metal fabrications
- Experience with the management of a Tier 1 contract manufacturer including performance monitoring and oversight of sub-tier component suppliers.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Exhibit computer proficiency in Microsoft excel, word, and power point applications.
- Possess working knowledge of ISO elements related to supply chain management and risk assessment
- Familiar with cost elements and cost contributors for should cost or price analysis at a part/product level.
Key Job Events/Responsibilities:
- Define key strategies across assigned commodities. Develop and manage commodity cost reduction plans
- Identify, select, and qualify suppliers in support of overall global commodity strategy
- Identify potential supply capacity issues and develop second source and risk mitigation strategies
- Lead contract negotiations on high impact parts or commodities with key suppliers
- Define and execute global localization plans
- Lead global supplier development programs (i.e. replenishment, lead time reduction)
- Responsible for supplier relationship management
- Support new product transfer, and act as primary liaison with Engineering to obtain best in class manufacturing and landed cost
- Manage key supplier performance including cost, delivery, and quality. Lead key supplier quarterly business reviews