Senior Software Developer
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to perform design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications for company products. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software/software systems. Duties will include designing application, writing code, completing programming, developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets, and schedules and for documentation of work and results. May function as a project engineer/leader with the resident responsibilities of proposals/project plan, schedules, work assignments, prime contact, technical presentations, cross functional issue resolution, etc.
The Senior Software Developer provides leadership and expertise for the development of current and future applications. This includes further development as well as internal and external customer service and support. They will also be expected to participate with members of the management team and serve as a resource for the group. They are expected to continuously develop process improvements and to develop relationships with vendors and other technology partners to ensure BLS’s competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Key focus areas:
- Development of business applications, data scripts and unit test.
- Design and implement product improvements
- Development and maintenance of business applications, data scripts and unit test.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Assist team with the troubleshooting of client/field issues
- Participate in development groups with colleagues and third-party development vendors.
- Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year) in Computer Science/Information Technology or Engineering
- 2+ years of developing for a production web application.
- Relevant additional requirements:
- Experience on a production web application, using technologies such as Ruby-on-Rails, ASP.NET, python, or C#
- Experience with complex SQL queries
- A strong belief in test-driven development and continuous integration
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Experience helping a team reach peak performance
- Knowledge of source control management systems i.e. VSTS, Git.
- Strong communication, organization, and multitasking skills.
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our organization. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a remote -based opening which can be located anywhere across the country.