Senior Corporate Accounts Manager
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounts role is a highly visible and critically important position within the company. Develop working relationships with key decision makers within designated target accounts to ensure clear corporate capabilities positioning and maximize share of wallet across complete portfolio of products and services. This individual will partner with key decisions makers across the key accounts with procurement, research, clinical studies, facilities and operations, IT, finance, and C-Suite executives. This position will be responsible for implementing the company's strategic market access and account positioning objectives and providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with external and internal stakeholders, including Brooks Life Sciences Executive Team.
A critical success factor of this role will be partnering with regional team members including regional commercial leaders, finance, operations, project management, IT, service, technical support, marketing and sales operations to optimally address regional market coverage and support customer needs. This individual will serve as voice-of-customer expert supporting global as well as regional and segment strategies. Comprehensive account management is expected through interactions within all business segments of the account, performing as the enterprise lead (e.g. C Suite, executive leader of all other departments). This individual will demonstrate specific competencies through problem solving, consultative selling, utilizing industry and technical knowledge and value propositions, marketing resources, executive level relationship building and leveraging and negotiating contracts which may include outcomes-based agreements. In contract negotiations, this individual will demonstrate strong financial stewardship for the company. Additionally, this individual will be involved in high level, cross functional decisions working with Sales, Marketing, Contracting and other internal departments.
Key focus areas:
- Develop and implement strategic account plans for optimum portfolio coverage positioning within each targeted customer including: Global and Regional target accounts
- Build strong account relationships at all levels, including C-Suite executives, to enable sales growth across life sciences services and product portfolio
- Collaborate across all relevant business units within the organization to establish strategies and plans aligned with commercial execution of overall corporate strategy
- Develop and support strategic plans with defined tactics and objectives for each corporate account with account mapping and milestones in a direction that secures strategic partnership and account positioning
- Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption
- Collaborate with regional sales teams and commercial leadership to educate on regional access and coverage in addition to helping resolve unique challenges that may arise
- Implement and lead customer level strategic plans that are aligned with the brand strategy
- Negotiate agreements as needed with customers demonstrating both corporate financial stewardship and customer focus
- Demonstrate interpersonal skillfulness that fortifies working relationships with Sales, Marketing, Contracting, finance, and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related life sciences discipline. MBA preferred.
- Commercial experience with responsibility driving growth in large national key accounts. Global or multi-national enterprise selling, and business development leadership experience is preferred
- Life sciences, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical experience is an additional plus
Relevant additional requirements:
- Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines and execute on business plan initiatives
- Strong account management skill set with extensive experience in strategic and tactical planning, execution, and negotiation skills with proven track record of success
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory environment
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing decision making skills to interpret the business quickly and pave new pathways
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 50% travel required
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our sales team to lead it into the future. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. This position is remote-based and can be located anywhere in the U.K.