Tool Maker / Engineering Technician (Mechanical)
4titude® is part Brooks, specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of consumables and bench top instrumentation for the life sciences industry.
Our products are supporting researchers across the world with COVID-19
Our site in Wotton is now looking to appoint a Tool Maker. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly and supportive team.
Reporting to the Tool Room Manager - The tool maker is tasked with supporting timely turnaround of mould tools after repair or routine servicing in order to maintain output of production. Attention to detail and quality of workmanship are vital in the performance of this role.
• Tool Maker will carry out the repairs, modifications and servicing of injection moulding tools and other associated tooling.
• Use all toolroom machines and equipment to a high standard.
• Read and understand technical drawings.
• Carry out in tooling service checks as specified; to report results on the computer system provided and to highlight any deviations from specification for correction.
• Work safely in special conditions as necessary: clean rooms and workshop environments.
• Carry out such other tasks as required from time to time.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment and maintain / repair injection mould tools from a variety of manufacturers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full Mechanical Engineering qualification /or toolmaker apprenticeship, is preferred
- Experience in injection moulding tools, would be advantageous
- To safely carry out all tooling requirements within the company
- Ability to read and understand tooling drawings in both 2D and 3D
- Ability to competently read technical drawings
- Using the various toolroom machines and equipment
- Use of all toolroom equipment both manual and CNC to a high standard of precision and safety.
- Hot runner experience and multi-cavity high precision injection tooling.