Senior Biobank Technician
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
The Senior BioBank Technician is responsible for processing, retrieving, and discarding irreplaceable biological and production samples as assigned. The incumbent is accountable for performing all assigned tasks with full attention and accuracy to maintain the integrity of the sample and the storage processes.
- Utilize the Company Inventory Management System for all sample handling tasks and ensure chain of custody and audit trails for all activities are proactively maintained.
- Register samples into the inventory management system. This includes: Data entry for creation of manifests when electronic manifests are not available, QC of information on the material being registered against project and shipment manifest specifications, Overlay or place a new label onto materials as required per the project specification, Store materials at required temperatures in designated storage units for the specified category of the material.
- Perform all functions methodically and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to FDA Good Practices (GMP, GTP, GLP, GDP), International Organization of Standards (ISO), College of American Pathologists (CAP) standards and other regulatory requirements as outlined in SOPs.
- Handle materials in a manner that maintains required temperatures (+30oC to -196oC) per the project definition and SOPs.
- Follow all safety requirements for working with infectious and non-infectious biological materials, radioactive materials, chemical compounds and drug products.
- Provide reports and documentation as required.
- Facilitate resolution of Query Resolutions.
- Competently register hand-built samples, import manifests previously broken down, and QC content including formatting.
- Assist with various levels of training as assigned by Training Coordinator.
- Ability to perform receipt confirmations.
- Knowledge of ER creation and investigation processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative in sample management activities.
- Generate BioInventory custom reports
- Demonstrated Competence in Preparing Shipments
- Ability to take leadership with a team of clients
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1 year demonstrated proficiency in a Biobank/Repository position.
- OR Associate Degree + 2 years demonstrated proficiency in a Biobank/Repository position..
- OR HS Diploma + 4 years demonstrated proficiency in a Biobank/Repository position..
- Life Sciences Degree, preferred
- GMP/GTP/CLIA Experience, preferred